Key findings about UK Vocational Training College Ltd
t/a UK College of Arts and Technology
As a result of its Review for Educational Oversight carried out in June 2014, the QAA review
team (the team) considers that there can be confidence in how the provider manages its
stated responsibilities for the standards of the programmes it offers on behalf of ATHE Ltd.
The team also considers that there can be confidence in how the provider manages its
stated responsibilities for the quality and enhancement of the learning opportunities it offers
on behalf of this awarding organisation.
The team considers that reliance can placed on the information that the provider produces
for its intended audiences about the learning opportunities it offers.
The team has identified the following good practice:
- the College’s framework for academic and personal support (paragraph 2.7).
- The team has also identified a number of recommendations for the enhancement of the
higher education provision.
- The team considers that it is advisable for the provider to:
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of all management posts (paragraph 1.1)
- refine the academic committees’ processes (paragraph 1.2)
- make greater practical use of and engage staff further in the UK Quality Code for
Higher Education (paragraph 2.3)
- include student representation on College committees (paragraph 2.6).
The team considers that it would be desirable for the provider to:
- review College policies regularly to ensure their currency (paragraph 2.2)
- identify and disseminate good practice in learning and teaching more systematically
- develop formal procedures for monitoring and updating the virtual learning
environment and the website (paragraph 3.4).